Site upgrade: update
A technical issue with my site is making me upgrade sooner than I planned. BirdieStitching will be down for maintenance for a day or so while I upgrade. It makes more sense to upgrade than spending time going back and fixing issues that will be superceded.
I am switching over to using woocommerce and moving away from the traditional blog style. BirdieStitching is 9 years old and needs a new feel ready for it’s 10th birthday next year. Patterns will still be free, despite being in a store layout, but should be much easier to locate and download quickly. This should help with some of the recent quality issues some of you have reported.
What does this mean for me?
As I am having to upgrade sooner than planned, I haven’t had a chance to transfer the thousands of existing patterns over. They will all be accessible by searching, however the front page will have the new layout and as patterns are transferred to the new setup, they will be deleted from the old one.
- You will be able to view multiple patterns on one page without scrolling
- Clicking on a pattern will allow you to view
- Any pictures submitted by users (would you like to submit a picture? Message me on Facebook with a picture and a link to the pattern and I’d love to feature it on the pattern page!)
- Pattern information including:
- Fabric size required
- Colours used for each brand
What happens next?
Once the update has occurred I will continue to transfer the existing patterns over. This may take some time due to the volume.
I’m also planning on introducing advanced filtering. Eventually I’d like you to be able to enter the colours of floss that you have, to bring back patterns that may be suitable.
Thanks for all your support!